By Default the Windows Explorer in Windows 7 will open library folder instead of My Computer. In previous version of Windows, we have a My computer Icon that would actually pinpoint to all the higher levels of Drives in our Computer. If you are really annoyed with the default library folder of Windows 7 then there is a workaround for you which will actually change the default target of Windows Explorer to open My Computer.
Follow the Steps below to apply the workaround:
- Hold Shift and Right click the Windows Explorer Icon in Taskbar
- Select properties in it and under the Target Field, replace the existing code with the following code below
or if you wanted to open a specific drive you can use the following code
Where d: is the drive letter and Documents is any of the folder u wanted.
- Click Ok and Close the Task bar
- To make this changes to All the occurances of Windows Explorer, Simply Open the Start menu
- All Programs > Accessories and Right Click the Windows Explorer.
- Then Invoke the properties and apply the same code above.
Feel free to comment if you wanted any help over it.